Taste of Myanmar
Small group tour
6 days -
This journey brings you to the most popular sites in Myanmar, with highlights in Yangon, Bagan and the Inle Lake regions you can't afford to miss. Experience the colonial charm of Yangon and meet local hilltribe people at Inle Lake's morning market. In Bagan, see thousands of majestic temples filling the plains. This introductory journey can be extended to include cruising on the Irrawaddy River.
- 5 nights hotel accommodation
- breakfast daily
- 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- 2 internal flights
- transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- small group touring
- entrance fees
- Western tour leader based on a minimum 7 travelers
- local English-speaking guides
- return transfers.
Prices and Departures
Small Group Tour Itinerary
DAY 1: YANGON (RANGOON)
On arrival in Yangon, transfer to your hotel before meeting your tour leader and the small group that will share your journey. Opt to attend a welcome dinner.
Hotel: Summit Parkview
DAY 2: YANGON & INLE LAKE
Take a short morning walk through the winding city streets of Yangon and discover the British-colonial architecture and the Indian Quarter, which offers an insight into local life in the city, and get a closer look at the magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda. In the afternoon, fly to Heho. On arrival, transfer to Inle Lake.
Hotel: Inle Resort
DAY 3: INLE LAKE
A tour of Inle Lake begins with the morning market, where you can encounter visiting hilltribe people. Continue on to the Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the lake’s main sanctuary, which contains five sacred Buddha images whose shapes have been distorted by the amount of gold leaves applied to them by devotees. Learn about local crafts at a weaving village, silversmith and a cheroot ‘factory’, and see how typical Burmese cigars are made by hand. Visit Inle Heritage, an organization that preserves the cultural and natural diversity of Inle Lake. After lunch, visit Pa-oh village of
In Dein and explore the area on foot. See the beautiful ruined ancient stupas of Alaung Sitthou on a hillside.
Hotel: Inle Resort
DAYS 4-6: BAGAN
Transfer to Heho for a morning flight to Bagan. Take a half-day tour to visit sites including the Shwezigon Pagoda and the famous Ananda Temple. End the day with a sunset view over the stunning vistas of Bagan from atop a beautiful terraced pagoda. Visit Minnathu Village for an insight into local life, then see the imposing 12th century Dhammayazika Paya. See artisans at work at several handicraft workshops and in the afternoon, enjoy a sunset boat ride before a farewell dinner. On your last day, enjoy free time before your departure transfer.
Hotel: Thazin Garden
* From prices subject to availability and subject to change. Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Amounts payable to third parties not included. Airfares not included unless otherwise specified. Agents may charge service fees and/or fees for credit card payments which vary. Please check all prices, availability and other information with your travel consultant before booking. If you book with Insider Journeys an additional 2% fee applies to credit card or charge card payments (except in North America, where no fee is charged). Insider Journeys general booking conditions apply click here.