Online Booking Conditions
Please read these conditions carefully as they set out the basis upon which we accept all bookings. We reserve the right to amend our booking conditions from time to time. Please check with your travel consultant for our up to date booking conditions, which are also available on www.insider-journeys.com before making a booking.
1. Insider Journeys acts as an agent for the Suppliers (transport, tour, event or accommodation providers) who provide the various goods and/or services (Products). All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by each Supplier. It is therefore important for you to obtain and read the applicable Supplier's terms and conditions as they may limit or exclude their liability to you.
In producing this website, we have used information provided by Suppliers. Irrespective of any measures taken by us to ensure the information contained in this brochure is accurate at the time of printing, Insider Journeys disclaims and will be exempt from liability in respect of anything misleading, false, incomplete or inaccurate and any errors, inaccurate description and all associated disappointment, loss, expense, damage, inconvenience, delay, death, shock, illness or injury, however caused.
Insider Journeys does not control the manner in which products featured within this website are provided. Insider Journeys disclaims and will be exempt from liability for anything to do with the supply of such Products. This includes liability (whether as a matter of contract, tort, statute, restitution, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, liability, claim, cost, expense, proceeding, demand, penalty, disappointment, death, injury, illness, shock, inconvenience or delay. This limitation of liability also applies irrespective of the cause, including negligence of us or a Supplier, withdrawal, cancellation or failure to provide a Product, delay, any variation in the Product, the provision of substitute Products or a change in the Supplier. Without limitation, Insider Journeys will not be responsible if the Product is not available due to inclement weather conditions or other acts of God, civil disturbances, fire, floods, acts of Government or any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
Prices for Travel Products
2. All pricing is reflected in US Dollars unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change. 'From' prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated). Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication. Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only. Private Travel and Asia River Cruising prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel. Small Group Journeys' prices are valid for travel for the date ranges shown. We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices. The Third Party Travel Provider may be required to impose surcharges depending on currency fluctuations, surcharges or other variables outside of its control. You acknowledge and agree that you shall be responsible for the prompt payment of all surcharges and price increases
3. All discounts must be requested at the time of booking and will apply to the basic tour price. Past traveler discounts will be applied once we receive confirmation (previous booking number) that you have previously traveled on an Insider Journeys Small Group Journey. Discounts are not combinable.
Deposit & full payment
4. A non-refundable deposit of US$250 per person and passenger names as per passport are required. Additional deposits may be required depending on the policies of the Third Party Travel Provider. Any additional deposits will be advised at the time of booking or on the invoice. Full payment is due and payable to us 65 days prior to the scheduled date of departure and will be notified to you in your confirmation of booking.
5. We are not responsible for any changes made by a Third-Party Travel Provider to the balance due date and prices are not guaranteed until payment has been made in full and documents have been processed and issued to you. Failure to pay in full by the due date may result in the automatic cancellation of your booking without refund of monies paid, unless you have been unable to complete the booking and pay the balance by the due date, due to our fault.
6. Bookings made within 35 days of scheduled departure require full payment on request.
7. Payment for all flights must be received within the terms of the individual airlines to avoid automatic cancellation. All bookings are subject to availability at time of booking.
Cancellation by the traveler
8. All cancellations must be received in writing. No refunds will be made for unused services. Cancellations will be subject to the following cancellation fees applied per person, per confirmed booking:
- for cancellations made more than 65 days before the scheduled date for - the deposit;
- for cancellations made between 10-65 days before the scheduled date for- a cancellation fee of 25%
- for cancellations made within 10 days of the scheduled date of travel arrangements - a cancellation fee of 100% applies.
- Additional cancellation charges may apply according to the terms and conditions of the Third Party Travel Provider.
9. We will not charge a cancellation fee if:
- you cancel your booking due to a breach by us of any of our obligations to you or due to our fault; or
- the Third-Party Travel Provider cancels your booking for no fault on your part.
10. Notwithstanding clause 10, cancellation of air, cruising, rail and other Third-Party Travel Provider arrangements may be subject to fees in accordance with the terms you agree with the Third-Party Travel Provider, which are separate to our cancellation fees. Refunds will not be given for unused or cancelled services after your arrangements have commenced.
Amendments by the traveler
11. Once itineraries are confirmed with a deposit on file, one amendment free of charge is permitted provided the amendment is made 65 days prior to departure. All amendments within 65 days prior to departure are subject to a US$50 per booking amendment fee plus any additional fees charged by the Third Party Travel Provider.
Cancellation & amendments by Third Party Travel Provider
12. If the Third-Party Travel Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, for example, if a Third-Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them. Please check with your consultant before cancelling or amending a Travel Product in these circumstances as some Third Party Travel Providers may charge cancellation fees up to 100% of the Travel Product's price as per their terms and conditions.
13. Travel documents will be issued after final payment has been received. Travel documents may include special conditions including restrictions such as baggage size and weight limits. Travel documents are not transferable. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport holder and some carriers will deny carriage if the name varies and the booking may be cancelled. We have no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the incorrect entry of a passenger's name or as a result of the Third Party Travel Provider's policies. It is your responsibility to collect all travel documents prior to travel.
Airfares - cancellations & amendments
14. Prices displayed in this Brochure or provided by us, do not include airfares from or to your departing destination, unless specified. All flights bookings are subject to the carrier's conditions of carriage. Cancellation and refund policies associated with airfares vary according to airfare terms and conditions and the relevant airline. It is your responsibility to understand the terms and conditions that relate to your airfare and contact the relevant airline if you require further information. It is your responsibility to contact the airline prior to departure to ensure there is no change to the scheduled departure time. Please ensure all flight details are correct prior to ticketing as we cannot assume responsibility for incorrectly issued flights. We do not offer advice on Frequent Flyer eligibility on flights.
Other cancellation & amendments
15. A Third-Party Travel Provider may cancel, reschedule or amend any itinerary in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control. This includes alterations to cruise itineraries and schedules including change of embarkation and disembarkation points. We are not responsible for any other travel arrangement affected due to the Third Party Travel Provider's cancellations or amendments. Amendments beyond the Third Party Travel Provider's control may involve a surcharge for the additional or amended services.
16. Star ratings are our views and not official ratings.
17. You agree that we may use images of you taken during the trip and any comments made in writing by you regarding the trip, without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we choose.
Errors & omissions
18. We reserve the right to correct any errors in rates or content quoted or calculated for any package, with immediate effect. We will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you of such corrections.
Jurisdiction & Law
20. This Brochure and all matters arising out of or in connection with it and all terms are governed by the laws applicable. By acquiring the Booking and Advisory Services from us, you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts.
"We" and "us" means Helloworld Travel Services trading as Insider Journeys.
"You" means any person who acquires the Travel Product and Booking & Advisory Services directly from us or indirectly through an independent travel agent and includes any person who acquires a Travel Product (whether or not the Booking & Advisory Services were acquired by another person).
"Booking & Advisory Services" means services provided by us to you in assisting you to acquire a Travel Product from a Third Party Travel Provider and includes advisory and consulting services, and providing a facility to enter into transactions with us and Third Party Travel Providers (whose details and Travel Products appear in this Brochure).
"Third Party Travel Provider" means the company or person who provides you with the Travel Product on terms and conditions agreed with you.
"Travel Product" means the service or product provided by a Third Party Travel Provider, for example, an airline or a hotel.
Pre-tour registration form
1. You are required to complete pre-tour registration information before your booking is complete. You will receive the pre-tour registration questions from either us, the Supplier or your Travel Agent. This requires you to provide your travel insurance information and passport/visa details. No booking can be finalised without this preregistration information being completed.
Cancellation by the traveler
2. All cancellations must be received by us in writing. No refunds will be made for unused services. Cancellations will be subject to the following cancellation fees applied per person, per confirmed booking:
- cancellations made more than 65 days before the scheduled date for departure - the deposit;
- cancellations made between 50-65 days before the scheduled date for departure - a cancellation fee of 25%
- cancellations made between 35-49 days before the scheduled date for departure - a cancellation fee of 50%
- cancellations made within 35 days of the scheduled date of departure - a cancellation fee of 100%.
Changes made by us
3. Each year we review and further develop the Travel Products offered. From time to time, we may be required to make changes to certain Travel Products, where deemed necessary by us and the 'Departure Status Guaranteed' may not apply to the original itinerary or departure date in those circumstances. If we make a significant change, which is not due to an event beyond our control, you will be notified as soon as reasonably possible before your departure of any significant change and you will be offered the following options:
- accept a substitute Travel Product (if available). In the event that the substitute Travel Product is of a lower price then you will receive a refund for the price difference between the original Travel Product and substitute Travel Product; or
- accept a refund for all monies paid to us. "Significant changes" are normally regarded as:
- a change affecting the start date of your journey; or
- a change in the arrival or departure city; or
- a change in the duration of the itinerary
If the significant change is due to force majeure or an event beyond our reasonable control, we will not be liable to offer you any compensation.
4. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the tour itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. You will be notified in writing 30 days prior to departure.
Amendments by the traveler
5. Once itineraries are confirmed with or without deposit on file and provided at the time of amendment the number of passengers on the booked tour is not full, one free amendment is allowed if made 65 days prior to scheduled date of departure.
In all other cases, the following amendments fees shall apply:
- 50-65 days prior to scheduled date of departure - US$300 per person;
- 50 days or less prior to scheduled date of departure - standard cancellation fees (refer to section 3) will apply and full price will apply to new travel arrangements;
- If the traveler has utilised their free amendment and they wish to make an amendment more than 65 days prior to the scheduled date of departure and the number of passengers on the booked tour is full - US$200 per booking;
6. We will not charge any amendment fees if:
- you amend your booking due to a breach by us of any of our obligations to you or due to our fault; or
- the Third-Party Travel Provider amends your booking for no fault on your part.
7. Notwithstanding clause 5, additional amendment fees may be charged by Third Party Travel Providers such as airlines, hotels or other tour operators in accordance with the terms you agree with the Third Party Travel Providers (which are separate to our amendment fees). Many Third Party Travel Providers deem a name change to constitute a cancellation, rather than an amendment and cancellation fees may apply in this instance in accordance with the terms you agree with the Third Party Travel Provider.
8. A Tour Leader will accompany Small Group Journey tours in all destinations when 4 or more travelers are booked on a departure.
9. Escorted Small Group Journeys have a maximum group size of 16 people (except for Japan which has a maximum group size of 12 people). Guaranteed departures will operate once they have two fully paid travelers booked. Non-guaranteed departures will operate once the required minimum number of travelers have booked. You are welcome to contact us for up-to-date passenger numbers prior to departure.
Shared rooms & facilities
10. On all overnight train trips and homestays all travelers will be in shared compartments, even if a single supplement has been paid due to cabin/room design. On overnight cruises the boats may have other passengers on board and shore excursions and other activities may include other passengers.
Small groups & combinability
11. Many of our trips are designed to fit with other departures to create a longer "combination" trip; this means that some of your group may have already been traveling together for some days when you commence your trip. If you would like to know how many people are booked on your trip or any combination trip it is part of please ask prior to making your booking.
Families & children
12. Bookings are open to people 12 years of age and over. Travelers under 18 will need to either share a room with a parent or another family member, or pay the single supplement. Children aged 12-17 (inclusive) must pay the adult price. Triple sharing is usually possible, but must be requested at the time of booking. In cases where separate rooms are booked, we will request, but cannot guarantee, interconnecting or adjacent rooms.
13. It is not possible to guarantee triple share rooms. This is because many hotels either do not have triple-bed rooms, or have fold-away beds only. Travelers can request a triple room at the time of booking, however, the booking will be confirmed as double/twin plus a fold away bed or 'Willing to share'. During the journey, a triple share may be provided wherever possible, but usually a double/twin room plus a 'Willing to share' room will be provided. There are no reductions in price for triple shares.
Minimum fitness levels
14. We may require a doctor's certificate prior to confirmation for any traveler with a pre-existing medical condition or traveler entering their 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Please carefully consider the Trip Grading for your tour of interest and choose a Small Group Journey appropriate for your level of health and fitness. You must be able to perform the activities outlined in the 'Statement of fitness' section of the 'Insider Journeys Health Form and Condition of Travel' and disclose any pre-existing conditions that may affect the normal conduct of the tour and/or enjoyment of other tour members. Final confirmation of a booking is subject to receipt of complete and accurate information about your fitness. If you are concerned about your ability to undertake a Small Group Journey, we can arrange a tailor-made itinerary for independent travel as an alternative to a Small Group Journey.
Tour Leader/Local Guide authority
15. When on the journey, travelers must abide by and comply with the authority and reasonable directions of the Tour Leader, or where applicable the local guide. At all times, the decision of the Tour Leader will be final on matters regarding group dynamics, and individual and group safety and well-being. If a Tour Leader takes the view that you are unable to meet 'Minimum fitness levels' the Tour Leader may, at his/her sole reasonable discretion, prevent you from further participation in the journey. Additionally, should you fail to comply with a reasonable decision or direction of the Tour Leader, interfere with the well-being of the group, fail to respect the rights or beliefs of your fellow travelers, or commit an illegal, obscene or otherwise inappropriate act while on journey, the Tour Leader may in his/her reasonable discretion prevent your further participation in the journey. In such instances, we will use our reasonable efforts to assist with onward travel arrangements for the relevant traveler. No refund will be given for any unused portion of the journey in these circumstances.
16. It is a condition of travel that all travelers are adequately covered by travel insurance prior to departure. Insurance should cover personal accident and medical expenses, evacuation and repatriation, baggage loss, and cancellation or curtailment of vacation. Your insurance details must be supplied to us at the time of booking. If you fail to provide the requested insurance information prior to travel as well as on arrival in Asia during registration, we reserve the right, acting in our sole discretion, to cancel bookings and apply charges as per our cancellation policy. In some cases, a pre-existing medical condition may not be covered by your travel insurance company.
Each of our tours has been given a grading to help you choose the trip that best suits your needs. All our tours require independent mobility and we recommend you choose a tour which suits your physical ability. Our expert travel advisors can answer any questions you may have regarding the trip grading of your desired tour.
- Easy - Suitable for travelers with an average level of fitness. You may be required to take part in easy walking tours and board boats. Travel between major destinations on the tour will mainly be by air. Porters will be available at most hotels, although you may need to carry your own luggage at times.
- Moderate - Suitable for travelers with a good level of fitness. You will need to take part in easy extended walking tours and board boats. Travel between major destinations may include long road or train journeys as well as flights. You may need to carry your own luggage through train stations or between the hotel and transfer vehicle.
- Active - Suitable for travelers with a high level of fitness. These tours could include periods of extended walking, climbing stairs, negotiating uneven surfaces, boarding boats and visits to less developed areas with limited facilities. Travel between major destinations will include long road journeys as well as flights. You will be required to carry your own luggage.
ANNEXURE TRAVEL TIPS FOR TRAVEL PRODUCTS
These tips are not legally binding terms and conditions. You should obtain and read the Third Party Travel Provider's terms and conditions which are legally binding on you.
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all Small Group Journey passengers. For independent travel passengers, we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes (without limitation) coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise and land content and airfare charges that may occur.
Passports, Visas & Health Requirements
Visas, including transit visas, are the passenger's own responsibility. For more information for US customers please log on to: travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html. For Canadian customers - www.voyage.gc.ca. Please check with the respective Embassy or Consulate of each country that you are traveling to, as many destinations require visas. You need to ensure that you have at least 6 months validity on your passport from the date of your departure return. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for your travel destinations. Vaccinations are strongly recommended for certain destinations. You need to contact your local doctor who will advise you of these requirements. Please note that vaccinations may be recommended some period in advance of traveling.
For international and domestic departure, e-tickets will be issued upon payment and completion of the booking process. In some instances, an e-ticket on the flights or fares selected may not be able to be issued. Bookings that cannot be issued as an e-ticket will have to be changed to comply with e-ticket regulations. All other travel documentation, such as hotel, car hire, transfer and tour documents will be e-mailed to you as an e-document. Should the Third-Party Travel Provide issue paper vouchers, these will be sent out by Federal Express.
Frequent Flyers & Special Requests
For more information on whether your airfare is eligible for Frequent Flyer rewards, please contact the airline directly. For Call Center bookings, please advise your Frequent Flyer details and these will be added to your reservation. We do not take any responsibility should an airline not register your trip. You should retain copies of your air ticket and boarding pass. Special requests will be passed on to the Third Party Travel Provider but cannot be guaranteed.
Travelers with a physical or mental disability that may require special assistance during their trip must advise us of their needs upon booking and declare all pre-existing medical conditions. This enables us to ensure the suitability of each booking to the individual traveler.
Requests for specific bedding types must be made at the time of booking, however, cannot be guaranteed. Note that double rooms can be fitted with either double or twin beds, and note also that single rooms are often smaller than other rooms. Triple rooms usually comprise a twin bed room with an additional sofa bed, roll-away bed or a fold-away bed for a third person.
Traveling with children
Where a child stays for free in a room sharing with two paying adults, generally the hotel will expect the child to share the parent's bed and will not provide an extra bed. Additional charges may be levied for child meals. Where a child rate is provided in this Brochure, an extra roll or fold-away bed is usually provided. Children are charged an adult rate if staying in a room without adults.
River Cruises - shore excursions & water levels
The nature of some shore excursions in Asia means that for some excursions there are no formal jetties. While staff are always on hand to assist, those with limited mobility may find these areas difficult to access. Due to the unpredictable nature of weather and its effect on river conditions and water levels, it may on occasions be necessary to complete some elements of the itinerary by land, rather than by boat, or to alter the route of the vessel including substituting some planned stops for others. Such changes can occur at any time without prior notice or warning and no refunds will be given in this instance. On the lower Mekong River between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, large seasonal variations in water levels necessitate low water and high water itineraries. The only significant difference is a vehicle transfer to/from Siem Reap in place of cruising across Tonle Sap Lake. As a guide, low water itineraries are applied typically from January to early July, but this may vary depending on rainfall across the river catchments.
In the unlikely event that you are unsatisfied with any aspect of your Travel Product, you must immediately notify your Tour Leader, the Third Party Travel Provider of your Travel Product or travel consultant (please refer to your pre-departure guide) to ensure we are given the opportunity to address and attempt to resolve any issue that you may raise at the time they occur. If a problem cannot be resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to pursue this matter further you must write to us within 28 days upon your return to the following address:
Attention Customer Service
6171 W. Century Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90045
You must provide your booking reference number and full details of your complaint to allow us the opportunity to respond.