Vietnam Insight with Sapa - Gold Accommodation
Small group tour
15 days -
From US$3898* PP
Gain a deeper understanding of magical Vietnam with a more in-depth journey through its historic cities, provincial culture and glistening coastline. Be enchanted by the smiling locals you meet throughout your journey, on the bustling streets of Hanoi and Saigon, or the tranquil villages of the Mekong Delta. Explore the relics and living history in Vietnam’s ancient towns of Hoi An and Hue, and absorb the sparkling beauty of Halong Bay. In Sapa, meet some of the ethnic minorities that make this region so enchanting.
- 13 nights hotel accommodation
- 1 night cruise accommodation
- breakfast daily
- 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- 2 internal flights within Asia
- 1 day train
- 2 cruises
- transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- small group touring
- entrance fees
- Western tour leader based on a minimum of 7 travelers
- local English-speaking guides
- return transfers
Prices and Departures
Small Group Tour Itinerary
DAYS 1-4: HANOI & SAPA
On arrival in Hanoi, transfer to your hotel. Bond with your small group of fellow travelers and tour leader at a tour briefing and welcome drinks. Enjoy visiting the Ethnology Museum in Hanoi before driving to colorful, mountainous Sapa in Northern Vietnam. Wander the delightful town and local market, then embark on a walk through the Black H'mong villages of Hau Thao and Saseng, soaking up the regional lifestyle of the mountain-dwelling locals. Visit a Red Dzao village before transferring to Topas Ecolodge, with views on all sides of the valley below. Here, discover the minority villages and learn more about their unique way of life and take a walk in the Lech Valley. Enjoy dinner at Topas Ecolodge.
Hotel: Melia Hotel
Hotel: Victoria Hotel
Hotel: Topas Ecolodge
DAYS 5-8: HANOI & HALONG BAY
Enjoy free time exploring Sapa before driving back to Hanoi. Take a walking tour of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, and visit sites including the ancient Temple of Literature and infamous 'Hanoi Hilton' prison. Drive to Halong Bay and cruise amongst thousands of limestone islands. Fall asleep to the water lapping at your boat, your accommodation for the night, before returning to Hanoi. Join a backstreets walking tour of Hanoi's Old Quarter with the chance to see and try some local snacks.
Hotel: Overnight boat
Hotel: Melia Hotel
DAYS 9-11: HUE & HOI AN
Fly to the former imperial capital of Hue and explore its monuments including the Citadel, an elaborate emperors' tomb and the tranquil Thien Mu Pagoda. From Hue, take a train journey to Danang before driving to charming Hoi An. Enjoy a market tour with the young people from the Streets Foundation who introduce you to some of the local produce. Stroll Hoi An’s streets to discover traditional houses and temples and the iconic Japanese Bridge. In your free time, you may opt to join a fun cooking class, take a short bicycle ride to the beach, or visit one of the town's many tailors.
Hotel: La Residence Hotel & Spa
Hotel: Almanity Hot An Resort
DAYS 12-15: SAIGON & MEKONG DELTA
Fly from Hoi An to the bustling Saigon. Enjoy an authentic local breakfast, then travel to the amazing Cu Chi tunnels to gain an insight into Vietnam’s war history. Take a walking tour along historic Dong Khoi Street, and visit sites including the War Remnants Museum. Explore the heart of the Mekong Delta as you travel down its rivers and canals by speedboat. Enjoy a farewell dinner, then on your last day, you have free time until your departure transfer.
Hotel: Caravelle Hotel Saigon
* From prices subject to availability and subject to change. Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Amounts payable to third parties not included. Airfares not included unless otherwise specified. Agents may charge service fees and/or fees for credit card payments which vary. Please check all prices, availability and other information with your travel consultant before booking. If you book with Insider Journeys an additional 2% fee applies to credit card or charge card payments (except in North America, where no fee is charged). Insider Journeys general booking conditions apply click here.